Friday, March 30, 2012

How to clean Backdoor Trojan Virus

The Story :
My colleague found a thumb drive on the street. He plugged it into his PC and yeah.. you got virus. The thumb drive is full of viruses that infected exe and flash files. Many programs no longer work.

How I check:
  1. I disable the system restore in the PC
  2. Take the hard disk out and plug it into my test PC with Windows 7 and Symantec Antivirus.
  3. I use Symantec Antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.0) to scan the hard disk.

What I found :
  • Antivirus managed to find and clean 6 viruses (picture above)
How to fix it :
  1. Take out the cleaned hard disk and put back into the PC
  2. Re-install all the corrupted application.
  3. Install Symantec Antivirus into the PC.
Additional notes:

  • Most virus can't be clean within Windows of the infected PC. It is best to take out the hard disk and clean it from other PC.
  • You must disable the System Restore before cleaning viruses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment